Download more than 600 PLUMBING practice questions and answers that are similar to the actual test. Good luck on your exam!
What Is the Plumbing Exam?
The Plumbing Exam is used to ensure a test takers competence in the work that they will be doing. In order to be licensed as a Plumber, you must meet your state’s standards
A Master Plumber may install, change, repair, service, or renovate plumbing under the supervision of a Responsible Master Plumber.
The Journeyman Plumber Exams are a group of state-specific examinations that are used to determine whether or not an individual possesses the skills and knowledge necessary to work as a certified or licensed plumber at the journeyman level within a particular state.
What Does the Plumbing Exam Cover?
On this exam you will find questions related to and about the following subjects:
- Plumbing Fixtures, Fittings, and Appliances
- Water Supply Systems
- Indirect Waste
- Drainage, Waste, and Vents
- Roof Drain Piping
- Specialty Plumbing
- General Plumbing Knowledge and Regulations
- Isometric Analysis
- Traps, Interceptors, and Backflow Prevention
- Materials, Uses, and Specifications
- Business Organization and Management
- Codes – Most states have adopted either the IPC (International Plumbers Code) or UPC (Uniform Plumbers Code) plumbing codes, but you may also need to know the National Fuel Gas Code or Uniform Mechanical Code
- General Knowledge – General knowledge includes a wide range of topics such as design and installation, workplace safety, and basic electricity concepts.
- Math & Plans – You’ll need real-world math skills and a thorough math foundation for the daily aspects of this career so you can expect to be tested on basic pipe length calculations and broad based understanding of physics, volume and pressure.
- Pipefitting – You’ll definitely need to know the use and inspection of basic equipment and hardware, as well as the basic layout and installation of pipe.